Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Spain
Prelude : Me and my friend were discussing politics. He called one leader "a piranha" during the discussion. I sarcastically retorted to him by saying "Yes, she is indeed a "piranha of politics" who thrives on 'eating' corruption, corrupt people and everything which is bad." By eating, I meant to say she is very anti-corruption mindset person and so on.

So my question is: Did I coin the phrase "piranha of politics" "correctly" in my reply ? Or is it wrong and doesn't make any senses ? This is what I would like to know from forum members. Please do help me.

Regards and thanks
emotion-1.gif

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Prelude : [STRIKE]Me and[/STRIKE] My friend and I were discussing politics. He called one leader "a piranha" during the discussion. I sarcastically retorted [STRIKE]to her by saying[/STRIKE] "Yes, she is indeed a "piranha of politics" who thrives on 'eating' corruption, corrupt people and everything which is bad." By eating, I meant to say she [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has a very 'anti-corruption' mindset [STRIKE]person[/STRIKE] and so on.

So my question is: Did I coin the phrase "piranha of politics" "correctly" in my reply? Or is it wrong and doesn't make any [STRIKE]senses[/STRIKE] sense? This is what I would like to know from forum members. Please do help me.

Regards and thanks
emotion-1.gif

Personally, I like your new phrase!!! Please note my amendments to your post above though. Note that you do not put a space before a question mark, only after it.

Edit: I just noticed that in your original you said "He said..." but then "I retorted to her...". Make sure you use the correct pronouns when writing.

Joe333

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Spain
Personally, I like your new phrase!!! Please note my amendments to your post above though. Note that you do not put a space before a question mark, only after it.

Edit: I just noticed that in your original you said "He said..." but then "I retorted to her...". Make sure you use the correct pronouns when writing.

Yes sir noted whatever you told me. :) Thanks a lot for replying. It really, really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.