Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. 2010's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2010
    • Posts: 373
    #1

    Letter format

    Dear Friends and teachers,
    Please help me with the below letter. If there are any corrections to be made, please let me know.
    Thank you for the opportunity to collaborate with your team to discuss the areas of improvement on the floor concerning communication.
    Gerard is on off today. I spoke to him over the phone and got the confirmation to have this meeting on Wednesday. Please let us know if this time is convenient.
    Date: August 4, 2010
    Time: 7 PM 10 PM, IST

  2. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,822
    #2

    Re: Letter format

    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    Dear Friends and teachers,
    Please help me with the below letter. If there are any corrections to be made, please let me know.
    Thank you for the opportunity to collaborate with your team to discuss the areas of improvement on the floor concerning communication.
    Gerard is on off today. I spoke to him over the phone and got the confirmation to have this meeting on Wednesday. Please let us know if this time is convenient.
    Date: August 4, 2010
    Time: 7 PM 10 PM, IST
    Thank you for the opportunity to discuss areas of improvement regarding communication on the floor (shop floor/factory floor?).

    Gerard is not in the office today (or "Gerard is on a day off today"). However, I telephoned him and he confirmed* the meeting on Wednesday (*Did he confirm that he can attend, or did he just confirm that a meeting can be held on Wednesday?). Please advise if it is convenient for you if the meeting is held on August 4th, 2010 from 7pm until 10pm (IST).

    I look forward to hearing from you.

  3. 2010's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: May 2010
    • Posts: 373
    #3

    Re: Letter format

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Thank you for the opportunity to discuss areas of improvement regarding communication on the floor (shop floor/factory floor?).

    Gerard is not in the office today (or "Gerard is on a day off today"). However, I telephoned him and he confirmed* the meeting on Wednesday (*Did he confirm that he can attend, or did he just confirm that a meeting can be held on Wednesday?). Please advise if it is convenient for you if the meeting is held on August 4th, 2010 from 7pm until 10pm (IST).

    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you for your response.

    He confirmed that we can have the meeting on Wednesday.

  4. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,822
    #4

    Re: Letter format

    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    Thank you for your response.

    He confirmed that we can have the meeting on Wednesday.
    In that case, I would say "...he confirmed that the meeting can take place on Wednesday."

Similar Threads

  1. [General] Letter format
    By 2010 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-Jul-2010, 23:31
  2. [General] format letter
    By UnregisteredZhanna in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-Mar-2010, 19:41
  3. Help with a letter format
    By Kate.Scales@mesacounty.us in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-Apr-2009, 21:13
  4. Letter Format
    By awalk in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2009, 20:00
  5. Letter format
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-Oct-2008, 16:30

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •