Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Friends and teachers,
Please help me with the below letter. If there are any corrections to be made, please let me know.
Thank you for the opportunity to collaborate with your team to discuss the areas of improvement on the floor concerning communication.
Gerard is on off today. I spoke to him over the phone and got the confirmation to have this meeting on Wednesday. Please let us know if this time is convenient.
Date: August 4, 2010
Time: 7 PM – 10 PM, IST

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Friends and teachers,
Please help me with the below letter. If there are any corrections to be made, please let me know.
Thank you for the opportunity to collaborate with your team to discuss the areas of improvement on the floor concerning communication.
Gerard is on off today. I spoke to him over the phone and got the confirmation to have this meeting on Wednesday. Please let us know if this time is convenient.
Date: August 4, 2010
Time: 7 PM – 10 PM, IST

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss areas of improvement regarding communication on the floor (shop floor/factory floor?).

Gerard is not in the office today (or "Gerard is on a day off today"). However, I telephoned him and he confirmed* the meeting on Wednesday (*Did he confirm that he can attend, or did he just confirm that a meeting can be held on Wednesday?). Please advise if it is convenient for you if the meeting is held on August 4th, 2010 from 7pm until 10pm (IST).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you for the opportunity to discuss areas of improvement regarding communication on the floor (shop floor/factory floor?).

Gerard is not in the office today (or "Gerard is on a day off today"). However, I telephoned him and he confirmed* the meeting on Wednesday (*Did he confirm that he can attend, or did he just confirm that a meeting can be held on Wednesday?). Please advise if it is convenient for you if the meeting is held on August 4th, 2010 from 7pm until 10pm (IST).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your response.

He confirmed that we can have the meeting on Wednesday.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your response.

He confirmed that we can have the meeting on Wednesday.

In that case, I would say "...he confirmed that the meeting can take place on Wednesday."

Status
Not open for further replies.