Please help me to improve my writing. This is not home work. I am practicing response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
t

Last edited:

shroob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
In the article " Daddy Tucked the Blanket " by Randall Williams explains that the severity of his childhood poverty and the way it affected him.

William lived like hell because of poorness when he was growing up. He lived in the old house, where he had many people in his family sleeping in one room. The house wasn't clean, and there was no air conditioner and heater. Usually, he woke up every morning and a half plaster on his face where it had fallen out the ceiling during the night. Moreover, williams parents were divorced wile they loved their children. He was Ashamed of where he was lived.

But my living condition was different from author condition. For example, I lived in a big house and many rooms were there for each members. My parents were financially independent and stable. My parents were caring nature for me and they still living together with love.

Not a teacher only a native.

I would make the following changes, please note I'm not a teacher.

The article " Daddy Tucked the Blanket " by Randall Williams explains how the severity of his childhood poverty affected him.

William grew up in hellish conditions because of the poverty he and his family endured. He lived in an old house, where many of his family slept in the same room. The house wasn't clean and there was no air conditioning or heating. Usually, he woke up every morning and found plaster on his face, from where it had fallen out the ceiling during the night. Although they still loved their children, William's parents were divorced. William was ashamed of where he lived.

Thankfully, my living conditions were different from the authors. For example, I lived in a big house, where my family all had individual bedrooms. My parents were financially independent and stable. Also my parents had a caring nature, were still living together and deeply in love.

Like I said I'm not a teacher but this reads better to me anyway.

Hope this helps, if you need anything feel free to ask.

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
Than you so much for your help

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States

SophiaM

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Not a teacher only a native.

Usually, he woke up every morning and found plaster on his face, from where it had fallen out the ceiling during the night.

Can we also say "Usually, he would wake up every morning and find plaster........" If so, is the meaning still the same?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.