Segway

I heard someone use a word that sounded like "segway." He said, "the reason I took this segway was to.." The word appears to mean like a rabbit trail or roundabout way to say something, but I could not find the correct spelling or annuciation. Are you familiar with this word and its meaning?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Segway

Quote Originally Posted by BGM7 View Post
    I heard someone use a word that sounded like "segway." He said, "the reason I took this segway was to.." The word appears to mean like a rabbit trail or roundabout way to say something, but I could not find the correct spelling or annuciation. Are you familiar with this word and its meaning?
    segue - definition of segue by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Segway

Quote Originally Posted by BGM7 View Post

It may have been "segue" (pronounced, in English, /segweɪ/), borrowed from Italian and used in musical instructions. It has various meanings; it has even been adopted as a trademark. Start looking here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segue_(disambiguation)

b