• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Please help me to correct these sentences

As we discussed this afternoon, kitchen contractor and I been to the site on [date]. We found that there was no problem with the hob unit. The power is tripping due to the water dripping from the air duct through hood duct (which has been connected to it) then falling to the hob unit. The water is dripping due to the condensation.They says that they need discussion with the mechanical contractor and ourself
    They are collecting the water which is accumulated on the hob unit on a daily basis

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Please help me to correct these sentences

Quote Originally Posted by Annecy View Post
    As we discussed this afternoon, the kitchen contractor and I been went to the site on [date]. We found that there was no problem with the hob unit. The power is tripping due to the water dripping from the air duct through the hood duct (which has been connected to it) then falling onto the hob unit. The water is dripping due to the condensation.

They (who are they?) says that they need to discussion the issue with the mechanical contractor and ourself us.

They are collecting the water which is accumulateding on the hob unit on a daily basis.
    See amendments in red above. Marked in blue is my only query. Who are "they"? You said that you and the kitchen contractor visited the site so I don't know who "they" refers to.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    As we discussed this afternoon, the kitchen contractor and I been went to the site on [date]. We found that there was no problem with the hob unit. The power is tripping due to the water dripping from the air duct through the hood duct (which has been connected to it) then falling onto the hob unit. The water is dripping due to the condensation.

They (who are they?) says that they need to discussion the issue with the mechanical contractor and ourself us.

They are collecting the water which is accumulateding on the hob unit on a daily basis.
    Would you explain why you struck "the"(before water)?. I also couldn't understand is it the water that drips from... ? or is it the water-dripping from...?

Thanks for answers in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by euncu View Post
    Would you explain why you struck "the"(before water)?. I also couldn't understand is it the water that drips from... ? or is it the water-dripping from...?

Thanks for answers in advance.
    I deleted it simply because, in this context, it's not necessary. It's not always wrong to use the article (I'm going in the sea even though the water's really cold), but in this case, it's much more natural to simply say:

It's caused by water dripping from the ceiling.

Once "water" has been mentioned and identified as the cause, I would use "the" when talking about it from then on, as I did in the OP's paragraph.

Q - What's causing the leak in my bathroom.
    A - There's water coming through onto the floor.
    Q - Where's the water coming from?
    A - The water's coming from a hole in a pipe.

Q - Why did you throw away your trousers?
    A - There was dirt on them.
    Q - Where did the dirt come from?
    A - I have no idea!