please, check it for me. thank you so much!

Nowadays it has become impossible to sit and watch a movie or even a short program on television because of the huge number of advertisements. These ads seem to appear every ten minutes during your favorite show, and the result is that the atmosphere of the program is lost. In this essay, I will look at some of the reasons for these advertisements and examine whether television is possible without them.

It is easy to hate the ads on television. One of the biggest objections is that they are so unreal. The ads always show perfect families with perfect children and perfect mothers. The father always comes home from work to a perfect house, where his perfect wife has cooked a perfect meal. The children have perfect hair, thanks to the shampoo, and the dishes are perfectly clean, thanks to the washing-up liquid. Another irritating point is that the actors are usually not from this country. In fact the ads are often identical in different countries despite differences in culture. A more serious argument against commercials is that some people actually are influenced by them. Children may be particularly at risk from high-powered advertisements, since they may be less able to distinguish truth from reality. However, the most common complaint about commercials on television is that they are too frequent. It really breaks up a movie if you have ads every ten minutes. The feeling of suspense that you get during a thriller or the dreamy atmosphere created by a romantic movie may be lost if there is a series of ads for diapers or hair remover.

However there are several reasons why advertising is necessary, even if we never want to see another annoyingly perfect Italian model wearing only Boss perfume. For one thing, the television stations claim that advertising is needed in order to pay for the free movies and programs we enjoy. In other countries or on many satellite channels the viewers have to pay for programming. Without revenue from advertising, we would have less choice on television. A second argument in favor of advertising is that it gives us a chance to take a short break during a movie.
    In the UK, power consumption increases sharply during commercial in the middle of the most popular soap as millions of viewers take a break and plug in kettles for tea. As well as allowing us to make quick phone calls or do small chores, the break also gives us a chance to consider if we should really be watching this rubbish! However, the main argument in favor of advertising on television is that it is frequently better than the actual program. Some of the ads are very irritating but some are very entertaining.
    In conclusion, most people agree that ads can be very annoying, but it seems that we cannot have our favorite shows without it. Personally, I feel that some advertising is necessary, but please, letís keep it to just once or twice per hour!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: please, check it for me. thank you so much!

That is fantastic. I can't find a single thing that I think needs amending! Great work!

Smile Re: please, check it for me. thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    That is fantastic. I can't find a single thing that I think needs amending! Great work!
    Hi! Are U living in Madrid? So it means that U can speak Spanish? Because now Im learning the second language, and of course that is Spanish! I love speaking Eng and Span everyday!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Just two points:

In other countries or on many satellite channels the viewers have to pay for programming the programs.

In the UK, power consumption increases sharply during commercials (plural) in the middle of the most popular soap as millions of viewers take a break and plug in kettles for tea.

I agree, it is a well-written essay.

not a teacher

Smile Re: please, check it for me. thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by tedtmc View Post
    Just two points:

In other countries or on many satellite channels the viewers have to pay for programming the programs.

In the UK, power consumption increases sharply during commercials (plural) in the middle of the most popular soap as millions of viewers take a break and plug in kettles for tea.

I agree, it is a well-written essay.

not a teacher
    Hi! Im a newcomer. Nice to meet U ! Im from Vietnam

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by thaoly91 View Post
    Hi! Im a newcomer. Nice to meet U ! Im from Vietnam
    Hi thaoly
    Nice to meet you too. You write good English.
    I understand English is not used much in Vietnam other than in the hotels.

Talking Re: please, check it for me. thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by tedtmc View Post
    Hi thaoly
    Nice to meet you too. You write good English.
    I understand English is not used much in Vietnam other than in the hotels.
    Heheeh! absolutely right. But Iam a student so if I want to get a good job with high salary i have to learn. Really I do love learning Eng. Your E is really good. I read many your feedbacks to others ! Actually, Now Im learning E, so that why I have know many thing. Because I am going to take Ielts exam on Oc. Please, show me sth that i dont know. Ok?