• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Argentina

Unhappy What can I do?

Since I have memory, I have been very talkative. So, during my English lessons I was one of the most speaking students. However, last year I had a teacher that talked to me in a rude manner so I was not allowed to speak so much during the class. She used to shout: 'Who is the teacher here? Do you want to give the lessons?' Therefore, there was nothing else I could do than sitting and listening to her.

This year, I am proud to say that it is an angel who teaches me. I would prefer not to write her name because of her personal privacy. She is sweeter than honey and I can assure you she is the best teacher throughout the world. I think my passion for her is reciprocated as I believe she loves me as much as I do.

The thing is that I lost my fluency in speaking and I get nervous when "the angel" begins a conversation that we have to take place in. I would appreciate your help and pieces of advice?

Please and thank you
    Last edited by Leandro-Z; 14-Aug-2010 at 00:10.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: What can I do?

This doesn't sound like a language problem to me. However, relationship between teachers and students can be very complex, even in places where they are not prohibited, and you're talking about one very private and personal thing clashing with the public and structured world of the classroom- it's not a combination that will lead to easy fluency because what you want to say is not for the classroom.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro-Z View Post
    The thing is that I lost my fluency in speaking and I get nervous when "the angel" begins a conversation that we have to take place in. I would appreciate your help and pieces of advice?

Please and thank you
    Be very careful. You say this woman is an angel, but is she from the Light? I fear she comes from the Evil One, to distract you from your English studies. Is she in your fantasies and dreams? by this you may know a succubus. (Yea, verily, even in the form of an English teacher may they come!)
    Perhaps you know a priest. If so, he may be able to give you a vial of Holy Water which, when she seeks to confuse you next by speaking in strange tongues, you must dash upon her!
    Good Luck. I fear she has one talon already upon your soul, and your struggle is far from over.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Argentina

My problem is something completely different. She doesn`t distract me.