• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

one or the one

The following sentences are google results. I'd like to know if they are good English and if we can change the "the one" into "one" after the word "moment". Thank you in advance.

It is in fact a horrifying moment the one when a computer user realizes that a virus has managed to...
    It looked to be a defining moment, the one which knocked the heart out of plucky Uruguay.
    Wish u a very very happy marriage life ahead and this is really a great moment the one which will be always with you in your whole life. ...
    This was going to be a watershed moment, the one that the entire country was waiting on pins and needles for ...
    Artist Jeremy Kost catches a very special moment: the one when a designer explains his vision to La Bobita.
    To me it was a wonderful moment, the one my coming to Hong Kong was leading to.
    ...in the art of luxurious SPA baths, which offers by the means of perfumes and colors a precious moment, the one of total relaxation.
    It was a moving moment, the one that made it all worthwhile for two brave Kiwi supermums as they sprinted into the arms of their excited ...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: one or the one

'The one' refers to something specific; in your examples, there's a pattern- something is mentioned, then we have 'the one', so changing it from specific information to general is toi change the meaning.
    It is in fact a horrifying moment the one when a computer user realizes that a virus has managed to...
    The person is writing about one specific moment of horror- the realisation that you have a virus, and none other, so one wouldn't work here for me- that would simply be one of a list of horrific moments, not this one.