[General] Reason For Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kochikkaaran

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi Teachers,

I have to apply for two days leave, the reason is I have to go to my hometown for attending a religious function. Kindly help me to fill the 'Reason for applying leave:' column in my leave management system.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi Teachers,

I have to apply for two days leave, the reason is I have to go to my hometown for attending a religious function. Kindly help me to fill the 'Reason for applying leave:' column in my leave management system.

Do you not have standard phrases for this kind of thing? In my old office, we were encouraged to use short, standard phrases: Personal reasons; Medical appointment; Voluntary work etc.

If not, then how much space do you have to fill in. What would you write in your own language? You've given the reason fairly clearly in your post. You need time off "to travel to a religious function".

Kochikkaaran

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you for the reply. In our application I can type 2000 chars (Including space). There is no stndrd phrases available in the system. But it will be nice if it is a short phrase. Please help.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for the reply. In our application I can type 2000 chars (Including space). There is no stndrd phrases available in the system. But it will be nice if it is a short phrase. Please help.

I think you answered your own question in your post. It appears to me that you can just write "I must travel to an important [family] function". I don't think it's important to say that it's religious.

Status
Not open for further replies.