• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain

Help

I always end up going around in circles. An example in an email I sent earlier today;

I have ordered the timber for first thing tomorrow morning so if you have any concerns please contact me as soon as you can. I will try to get the bill of quantities to you tomorrow also.

I have ordered the timber for first thing in the morning so if you have any concerns please contact me as soon as you can. I will also try to get the bill of quantities to you tomorrow as well.

I have ordered the timber for first thing tomorrow morning so if you have any concerns please contact me as soon as you can. Also, I will try to get the bill of quantities to you tomorrow.

Is there a specific rule that aplies to as well, too & also

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by boozl View Post
    I always end up going around in circles. An example in an email I sent earlier today;

I have ordered the timber for first thing tomorrow morning so if you have any concerns please contact me as soon as you can. I will try to get the bill of quantities to you tomorrow also.

I have ordered the timber for first thing in the morning so if you have any concerns please contact me as soon as you can. I will also try to get the bill of quantities to you tomorrow as well.

I have ordered the timber for first thing tomorrow morning so if you have any concerns please contact me as soon as you can. Also, I will try to get the bill of quantities to you tomorrow.

Is there a specific rule that aplies to as well, too & also
    The main rule I would try to remember is not to use more than one of them in one sentence. In your second example, you have "I will also try ... tomorrow as well". Choose either "also" or "as well", not both.

In most cases, you will find that the three are interchangeable:

I was there too.
    I was there also.
    I was there as well.