• Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

A short passgae

I'd appreciate if you check this passage:

Although Mesopotamia wouldn't boast of it, it has the strongest military force in the region. Actually, this is the prime reason why Parthia and Nubia, the kingdom's previously sworn enemies, have opted to make peace with it. Even though the southern armed gangs constitute an annoyance or even more than that, this can barely be considered an existential threat to Mesopotamia.
    Altogether, there is no doubt, whatsoever, about Mesopotamia's ability to defeat them.

It should also be noted that Mesopotamia has the most prosperous economy in the region, and in addition, it is the most technologically and scientifically developed in this part of the world and among the leading countries in these areas. Indeed, the complicated political circumstances in the region necessitate alert, but this should not serve as an excuse to ignore the extraordinary achievements of Mesopotamia and of its citizens'.

Mesopotamia has always had the courage and the confidence in its ability to overcome its enemies. These traits were the cornerstones of its successes in the past and thanks to them Mesopotamia has managed to take such big steps forward.
    Last edited by motico; 18-Aug-2010 at 19:00.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: A short passgae

The standard of your English is excellent, Motico. I could only suggest very minor amendments to your text.

I'm a bit puzzled about why you have written this in the present tense. There has not been a country called Mesopotamia for centuries.

Are you imagining that you are there in the ancient past?

Rover
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 19-Aug-2010 at 09:53.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

Re: A short passgae

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    The standard of your English is excellent, Motico. I could only suggest very minor amendments to your text.

I'm a bit puzzled about why you have written this in the present tense. There has not been a country called Mesopotamia for centuries.

Are you imagining that you are there in the ancient past?

Rover
    Of course not. I chose this style only to avoid a political debate and unwanted remarks. (I've already had an unpleasant experience on this site…)