Council Tax Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgag

Member Type
Other
hi there,

i need to write a letter to the council saying that my father accepts me and my fiance to pay the counil tax and wants to have our names under the council tax bill. can someone please help meeee.

thankyouuu

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi there,

I need to write a letter to the council saying that my father [STRIKE]accepts[/STRIKE] is willing to allow me and my fiancé to pay the council tax and wants to have our names [STRIKE]under[/STRIKE] on the council tax bill. Can someone please help me[STRIKE]eee[/STRIKE]?

Thank you.[STRIKE]uu[/STRIKE]

Please try writing the letter yourself first, and concentrate on your use of capital letters and punctuation. After you post your attempt at the letter, we will be happy to comment.

fgag

Member Type
Other
To whom it may concern,

I am writing with regard relating a Council Tax issue.
I would want my daughter .......... and her fiance .......... to be added onto the account and to have my name and also their names on the council tax bill.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
--------------------------------------------

Can you please check if I would need to add abit more to this or any mistakes I have done.

Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To whom it may concern,

I am writing with regard [STRIKE]relating[/STRIKE] to [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] my Council Tax [STRIKE]issue[/STRIKE] account.

With effect from [date], I would [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] like my daughter .......... and her fiancé .......... to be added onto the account and to have [STRIKE]my name and also their names[/STRIKE] all three names on the council tax bill.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
--------------------------------------------

Can you please check if I would need to add abit more to this or any mistakes I have done.

Thanks

See above. However, please note that I think this issue is better done by phone as I believe the council will send your father a new Council Tax registration form to complete with all the relevant names, and the dates that you and your fiancé moved into the property with him.

All three names won't appear on the bill - the bill will be in one name only, but with three adults listed as living at the property.

I think you can also make changes to a Council Tax account online.

Status
Not open for further replies.