[Essay] Life in hostel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripaltejas

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi

I am just starting TOEFL preparation.
Please give comment on this to improve my writing skill.

Life in hostel is one of the most memorable experiences that one must feel it. It is likely that, it takes you away from the home to real world situation and teaches you lot. However, it gives a exposure in the the real world, every life has its prone and cons.

There are several benefits of be a part of hostel life. First, you can be more frankly.
Like you gain more confidence to talk with anybody either with your elders or with your younger. You get mental growth. Second you learn how to be independent and decision maker, you take every little decision of your life and learn that decision was right or wrong. By improving this quality you learn how to solve big problem of life. Lastly, in hostel life there are lot of fun and games as all this belong to same age group. So you can find field which includes your talent and interest which you never know before. So, sportsmanship and physical growth will improve.

However there are several causes of hostel life that makes bad image of it. First, if student lay down in company, it will wash out his career. For instance if student learn gambling, somking all things goes in water. Second, main aim of staying in hostel is improve knowledge save time and study lot. But with careless company this motto goes out. Student will not get success.

To sum up, hostels are boons that are staying away from homes. It gives them a platform for lodging and boarding and helps them to concentrate on their studies.

Thanks

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi

Life in hostel is one of the most memorable experiences that one must feel it. It is likely that, it takes you away from the home to real world situation and teaches you lot. However, it gives a exposure in the the real world, every life has its prone and cons.

There are several benefits of be a part of hostel life. First, you can be more frankly.
Like you gain more confidence to talk with anybody either with your elders or with your younger. You get mental growth. Second you learn how to be independent and decision maker, you take every little decision of your life and learn that decision was right or wrong. By improving this quality you learn how to solve big problem of life. Lastly, in hostel life there are lot of fun and games as all this belong to same age group. So you can find field which includes your talent and interest which you never know before. So, sportsmanship and physical growth will improve.

However there are several causes of hostel life that makes bad image of it. First, if student lay down in company, it will wash out his career. For instance if student learn gambling, somking all things goes in water. Second, main aim of staying in hostel is improve knowledge save time and study lot. But with careless company this motto goes out. Student will not get success.

To sum up, hostels are boons that are staying away from homes. It gives them a platform for lodging and boarding and helps them to concentrate on their studies.

Thanks
Welcome to the forums.
Your piece is understandable but it contains quite a few errors of grammar etc. I haven't time to go through it completely right now. If nobody else helps you with it, I will, when I have more time

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi

Life in a hostel is one of the most memorable experiences that one [STRIKE]must feel it[/STRIKE] can have. [STRIKE]It is likely that[/STRIKE] It takes you away from [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] home and into the real world, [STRIKE]situation[/STRIKE] and teaches you lot. However, even though it [STRIKE]gives a exposure in[/STRIKE] exposes you to the real world, every life has its [STRIKE]prone[/STRIKE] pros and cons.

There are several benefits [STRIKE]of be[/STRIKE] to being a part of hostel life.

First, you can be more [STRIKE]frankly[/STRIKE] honest. [STRIKE]Like[/STRIKE] For example, you gain more confidence [STRIKE]to talk with anybody[/STRIKE] in talking to people, either [STRIKE]with your elders[/STRIKE] older or [STRIKE]with your[/STRIKE] younger than you. Your [STRIKE]get mental growth[/STRIKE] knowledge expands.

Second, you learn how to be independent and make decisions. [STRIKE]maker[/STRIKE] You [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] are responsible for every little decision of your life and learn whether [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] those decisions [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] were right or wrong. By improving [STRIKE]this quality[/STRIKE] your decision-making skills, you learn how to solve bigger problems [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in life.

Lastly, in hostel life there are lots of fun and games as [STRIKE]all this[/STRIKE] everyone belongs to the same age group. So you can [STRIKE]find[/STRIKE] discover [STRIKE]which includes your[/STRIKE] talents and interests which you [STRIKE]never[/STRIKE] didn't know [STRIKE]before[/STRIKE] you had. So, sportsmanship and physical growth (physical growth? You get taller?!) will improve.

However, there are several [STRIKE]causes[/STRIKE] aspects of hostel life [STRIKE]that makes[/STRIKE] which give it a bad image. [STRIKE]of it.[/STRIKE]

First, if a student lays down in company (what do you mean by this?), it will wash out his career. For instance if a student [STRIKE]learn[/STRIKE] takes up gambling or smoking [STRIKE]all things[/STRIKE] everything goes in water (I don't know what you mean).

Second, the main aim of staying in a hostel is to improve knowledge, save time (how does staying in a hostel save time?) and study a lot. [STRIKE]But with careless company this motto goes out[/STRIKE]. But keeping bad company can ruin all of this and the student will not [STRIKE]get success.[/STRIKE] succeed.

To sum up, hostels are a boon[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]that are[/STRIKE] when staying away from home[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]. They give [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] students [STRIKE]a platform for[/STRIKE] cheap board and lodging [STRIKE]and boarding[/STRIKE] and helps them to concentrate on their studies.

Thanks

See above.

Amendments are in red and any queries are in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.