• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Albanian
      • Home Country:
      • Albania
      • Current Location:
      • Albania

Question Adverbs

Your engineer called for the third time in the past two weeks. I am still without a working machine. (IN SPITE OF)
    In spite of your engineer's third call in the last two weeks, i am still without a working machine.
    OR
    In spite of your engineer's calls three times in the last two weeks, i am still without a working machine.

I paid for a 256MB memory card. The one in the box was only a 128MB one. (DESPITE)
    Despite paying for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one.
    OR
    Despite having paid for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one.

If neither one of the solutions i offered isn't right please let me know the right one.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Adverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Christin93 View Post
    Your engineer called for the third time in the past two weeks. I am still without a working machine. (IN SPITE OF)

In spite of your engineer's third call in the last two weeks, I am still without a working machine.
    OR
    In spite of your engineer's calls three times in the last two weeks, I am still without a working machine.

In spite of your engineer having called three times in the last two weeks, I am still without a working machine.

I paid for a 256MB memory card. The one in the box was only a 128MB one. (DESPITE)

Despite paying for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one.
    OR
    Despite having paid for a 256MB memory card, the one in the box was only a 128MB one. Correct.

If neither one of the solutions I have offered isn't right, please let me know the right one.
    See above.

Remember that "I" is capitalised no matter where it comes in the sentence.