• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

I was done with secrets

I felt about a million times better as we both started to laugh. Jenna was right. There were people I could trust now, people who deserved to know what was going on with me. My heart suddenly seemed lighter, and I decided that, Demon Central or not, Thorne Abbey was as good a place as any to turn over a new leaf, and clean the slate, and all those other clichés about starting over.
    I was done with secrets.??

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I was done with secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    I felt about a million times better as we both started to laugh. Jenna was right. There were people I could trust now, people who deserved to know what was going on with me. My heart suddenly seemed lighter, and I decided that, Demon Central or not, Thorne Abbey was as good a place as any to turn over a new leaf, and clean the slate, and all those other clichés about starting over.
    I was done with secrets.??
    "To be done with" - to have had enough of; to not want to, or be prepared to, continue doing something

I've decided to resign. I'm done with this job!
    He's going to start eating heathily and exercising. He's done with stupid crash diets!

So, in your post, the speaker is saying that she has decided not to keep secrets any more. She has found herself in an environment where she feels comfortable to be herself and tell the truth. She has had enough of keeping secrets.