1. Bolo

adverbs

hello teachers,

Please, could anyone check the exercise for me?

I have a list of adverbs and I have to use them to fill in the gaps.

first, firstly, hard, hardly, high, highly, just, justly, last, lastly, near, nearly, late, lately, right, rightly, wrong, wrongly

There has been an unfortunate increase in burglaries lately which the police - rightly or wrongly - attribute to the carelessness of many householders. So, if you value your property, you should think first about the problem, and not just hope for the best.
    Firstly, make sure that all your outside doors have secure locks. Next, check the windows. Nearly all casual burglars get in through an insecure door, even a window left open.
    So, whenever you go out, lock up. It hardly makes sense to invite burglars into your home!
    Then, if you're likely to get home late, leave a light on.
    Next, consider some more sophisticated measures. Many householders today have infra-red outside lights - somewhere not too high on a wall - which go on automatically if someone comes near. Other people think hard of alarm systems, which are also set off by an intruder.
    Lastly don't just think about it. Act now - right away !

I would also like to know hot to use 'justly'.

thanks for help

Re: adverbs

Other people think highly of alarm systems, which are also set off by an intruder.

I would also like to know how to use 'justly'.

Sometimes adjjectives and adverbs have the same form like "hard", "late", "fine" etc. If an adverb takes on the "ly" ending, it usually changes its meaning.

just and justly are adverbs, the second meaning in accordance with justice or the law".

ex.

He killed many people and was justly sentenced to life in prison.