Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Blankout

    • Join Date: Jun 2005
    • Posts: 43


    (1)Electricity blankout= (a word?? ) which means to avoid the electricity peak and ensure reliablity.

    (2) if we want to develop/extend the DC photo, we should go to a photo shop.
    (develop or extend??? or "extend" means to expand the size of a photo?

    Give me a hand, thanks in advance.

  1. Mister Micawber's Avatar
    Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Sep 2004
    • Posts: 1,857

    Re: Blankout

    I'm not quite sure what we've got here, Gogu, but--

    #1 -- do you mean an electrical or power blackout? That is when the electrical power fails completely in a geographical area and no one has electricity.

    #2 -- We enlarge photographs to make them larger. Photographic film (remember that stuff?) is developed and then individual prints are made as enlargements of the negatives. I really have no idea what they do with digital cameras and those little chip thingies.


    • Join Date: Jun 2005
    • Posts: 43

    Re: Blankout

    yes, it should be "Blackout", i made a clerical error here.
    IS there a word that similarly means "BLACKOUT"?

    Thanks guy, i got the sense of the DC matters, so many thanks.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts