Following on

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you about this phrase which is difficult to be understood
    " following on more than friday "

what does it mean ?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Following on

Quote Originally Posted by zahrah2010 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you about this phrase which is difficult to be understood
    " following on more than friday "

what does it mean ?
    Hi zahrah, and welcome to Using English.

That phrase doesn't make much sense. Could you give the entire sentence?
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

Hi Barb_D

thank you for replying ...
    I found this phrase while I were surfing through the net to get an article and summarize it for my English class and I found this strange phrase (at least to me)

Following on More Than Friday: The Ones Who Teach Me

Note: I tried to post link to this article. However, it seems that my post count should be 5 or greater in order to have the ability to post links or image. you can copy the above underlined phrase and paste it in the google search engine and you will get the whole article immediately. thanks in advance

To be honest, Although I found another appropriate article and I finished the summary, I still insist to know the meaning of the previous phrase. I might be curious

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by zahrah2010 View Post
    Hi Barb_D

thank you for replying ...
    I found this phrase while I were surfing through the net to get an article and summarize it for my English class and I found this strange phrase (at least to me)

Following on More Than Friday: The Ones Who Teach Me

Note: I tried to post link to this article. However, it seems that my post count should be 5 or greater in order to have the ability to post links or image. you can copy the above underlined phrase and paste it in the google search engine and you will get the whole article immediately. thanks in advance

To be honest, Although I found another appropriate article and I finished the summary, I still insist to know the meaning of the previous phrase. I might be curious
    Here's the link:

Following on More Than Friday: The Ones Who Teach Me | ZDNet

As far as I can tell, "More Than Friday" appears to be the name of the blog. When you subscribe to get updates from someone's blog, you're said to "follow" it.

I still can't quite fathom why it says "Following on More Than Friday", unless he's somehow saying that the people in the article are people he is following, via the "More Than Friday" site.

thank you emsr2d2
    8 - )