[General] anniversary greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anya_1313

Member Type
Student or Learner
I need to write semi - official greetings for the company we are cooperating with. It would be a big shame for me, if i make the mistake, so can someone check it, please?

On the occasion of the 20th Anniversary
of presence on the Bulgarian’s sky
the Aviation Service Company,
Best wishes,

Thanks in advance for help :)

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
All OK, except the second line: 'presence in Bulgaria's [no N] skies'. "Sky" would be OK, but I think the plural would sound better.

"On the occasion of" doesn't sound very warm, but it's OK; I'd prefer something like 'Celebrating' or 'In celebration of' or 'To celebrate'. Or even, maybe, 'Marking' - but that sounds a bit cold too. :hi: ;-)

b

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
:up: One point I missed: the second line needs another 'of': 'the anniversary of...the presence of'.

b

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Wait a minute... I think there's a misunderstanding here. Is it the Aviation Service Company that is present in Bulgaria's skies? This sentence seems to be translated word for word from Polish, that's why I'm asking...

PS: Oh, sorry BobK.

Anya_1313

Member Type
Student or Learner
Yes, Aviation Service Company is present in Bulgaria's skies for 20 years already :) It's an aerial company. And yes, this is quite word for word translated from polish, but i have no idea, how to write such greetings in English (form, vocabulary etc.) I wanted this greetings to be more unusual than just 'congratulations about your 20th anniversary'. If it's not acceptable in English, i'm open for other suggestions, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.