Results 1 to 9 of 9
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

    • Join Date: Sep 2010
    • Posts: 3,469
    #1

    Me either.

    Sorry If someone has alreday brought it up.
    We say " I'm going there. Me either!" But nobody will say she either/he either"
    Am I right?

  1. riquecohen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: Aug 2010
    • Posts: 6,002
    #2

    Re: Me either.

    Quote Originally Posted by ostap77 View Post
    Sorry If someone has alreday brought it up.
    We say " I'm going there. Me either!" But nobody will say she either/he either"
    Am I right?
    Are you saying that one person is speaking, or two? The quote makes no sense in either case. Either means one or the other of two. Neither means not either. If two people are speaking, the conversation would be:
    A: Im going there.
    B: So am I. (Both of them are going.)
    or
    A: Im not going there.
    B: Neither am I. (Both of them are not going.)

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

    • Join Date: Sep 2010
    • Posts: 3,469
    #3

    Re: Me either.

    Quote Originally Posted by riquecohen View Post
    Are you saying that one person is speaking, or two? The quote makes no sense in either case. Either means one or the other of two. Neither means not either. If two people are speaking, the conversation would be:
    A: Im going there.
    B: So am I. (Both of them are going.)
    or
    A: Im not going there.
    B: Neither am I. (Both of them are not going.)

    I meant singular '' Me either"

  2. riquecohen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: Aug 2010
    • Posts: 6,002
    #4

    Re: Me either.

    Are you attributing the entire quote to one person? You wrote, "I`m going there. Me either."

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

    • Join Date: Sep 2010
    • Posts: 3,469
    #5

    Re: Me either.

    Quote Originally Posted by riquecohen View Post
    Are you attributing the entire quote to one person? You wrote, "I`m going there. Me either."
    When someone says "I'me going there." another person replies " Me either"

  3. riquecohen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

    • Join Date: Aug 2010
    • Posts: 6,002
    #6

    Re: Me either.

    Thanks for your clarification. See my original reply. Me/he/she either are not correct.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

    • Join Date: Sep 2010
    • Posts: 3,469
    #7

    Re: Me either.

    Quote Originally Posted by riquecohen View Post
    Thanks for your clarification. See my original reply. Me/he/she either are not correct.

  4. RonBee's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Feb 2003
    • Posts: 16,551
    #8

    Re: Me either.

    A: I'm going there.
    B: Me too!


    A: I'm not going there.
    B: Me neither.


    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

    • Join Date: Sep 2010
    • Posts: 3,469
    #9

    Re: Me either.

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    A: I'm going there.
    B: Me too!


    A: I'm not going there.
    B: Me neither.

    Thank you RonBee. Most appreciative for you help.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •