Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
"After assembly, the cars go the paint shop at the factory."

Can we possibly change the word "shop'' to another one? Are there any other options?

shroob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
"After assembly, the cars go the paint shop at the factory."

Can we possibly change the word "shop'' to another one? Are there any other options?

Not a teacher only a native.
You would need to add 'to' to your sentence eg. After assembly, the cars go to the paint shop at the factory....

Not knowing much about car production, I know what you are trying to say, however I cannot think of an alternative. I have heard 'spray booth' being used when talking about car painting though.

I think you could say, 'After assembly, the cars go to get painted at the factory....' Or, 'After assembly, the cars then go to get painted within the factory...'

Hope this helps.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Not a teacher only a native.
You would need to add 'to' to your sentence eg. After assembly, the cars go to the paint shop at the factory....

Not knowing much about car production, I know what you are trying to say, however I cannot think of an alternative. I have heard 'spray booth' being used when talking about car painting though.

I think you could say, 'After assembly, the cars go to get painted at the factory....' Or, 'After assembly, the cars then go to get painted within the factory...'

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE

Can you say "shop" in order to call a department at the factory?

Tullia

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Can you say "shop" in order to call a department at the factory?

Yes, it's short for "workshop" when you use it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.