[Essay] What, for you, represents the canadian way of life?

what do you think

• I am unable to understand what you're saying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know what you're talking about

• it is not like an essay

• it is just a piece of ....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dunw

Member Type
Student or Learner
For me, a car and a house represent the Canadian way of life. Some people might argue that these are just typical thing people own in North America or some other developed regions, which are not special. From my point of view, however, these are the things that really draw the picture of Canadian way of life.

Thinking of the house and cars, I see a picture of a working family whose members get up at 6:00 am early in the morning to go to work. After having the breakfast, the host drive to work in downtown while the hostess send her children to a sky train station nearby and drive on to her workplace. Late in the afternoon, each family member goes home and eats dinner together. After that, they sit in the living room and watch hockey game for a while.

In weekend, the family drives on to a park for picnic, and they play Frisbee there together. After they have returned, the host cuts the lawn behind the house and waits for his friends to come for barbecue.

These are just normal activities going on: work and play. I lived with a Canadian family for 6 months and these are what I observed. I was impressed with their perfect balance of work and play in life. This is because I came from a country where most people does not live in a house and do not own cars. They’re busy making money most of the time for a better life, and, as a result, they are sometimes stressed out and forget to sit with their families and enjoy their every moment. So, what is really important is that with adequate property, people are able to balance their work and leisure, and, ultimately, make their own happy living themselves. This is my view of Canadian way of life.

I hope you can comment on it and see whether it's Ok or hard to follow. I appreciate your opinion on grammar, logics, or structure.

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I just wrote a book on the topic; when it comes out, I'll have to send you a copy.

dunw

Member Type
Student or Learner
ah,this seems to be a big topic. I am curious: what's the main point of your view of canadian way of life?

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Not cars and houses.

dunw