• Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

Court galvanizing?

I'm at work right now.

About an hour ago, a young customer came and we talked about how scorching it got out there. During the conversation I asked if he worked outside. He said he works at a factory. And I'm not sure if I heard him right after that, but I think he said "court galvanizing" factory.

I must've heard the galvanizing part correct. But if my knowledge of both words fall within that of normal people, you can't 'galvanize' a court.
    Have I heard him correct, and if I haven't, can you make a guess as to what he really said?

Thank you very much.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Court galvanizing?

'Coat galvanizing'?--

'galvanizing-- process of coating a metal, usually iron or steel, with a protective covering of zinc.'

'Cold galvanizing'?--

'Cold galvanizing of structural steel members, assemblies and metal fabrications is an equivalent to hot-dip galvanizing and repair of hot-dip galvanizing.'

I think that 'cold galvanizing' is what your customer does, HKB.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

• Post Thanks / Like

Court Galvanizing is the name of the plant the gentleman works at. Court is the last name of the owner and they do Hot Dip Galvanizing. It is a process that uses molten zinc to provide a anti-corrosive coating for steel. There are other Hot Dip Galvanizers, but the man that you spoke to must work at that specific plant, and for that specific company.

4. Newbie
    Student or Learner

• Post Thanks / Like

Court Galvanizing is the name of the plant the gentleman works at. Court is the last name of the owner and they do Hot Dip Galvanizing. It is a process that uses molten zinc to provide an anti-corrosive coating for steel. There are other Hot Dip Galvanizers, but the man that you spoke to must work at that specific plant, and for that specific company.