• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

actionable

Please clarify the following phrases that are in bold.

1. When these sales intelligence tools can deliver this much insight to us, it's definitely time to embrace them. Not only do you save yourself hours of time, you also get actionable information about the firm.

Accroding to a dictionary, "actionable" means "giving someone a valid reason for bringing a legal case against you." But I wonder this is what it means in the above context.

2. They recently conducted a comparative analysis of ten vendors to assess the quality, completeness, and accuracy of their data..... They recommend that you conduct a comparative test before you buy. One way to do that is to send each potential vendor a list of your house names and ask them to to add data fields.

I can literally understand the "house names." But it sounds strange in the context. Do your houses have names? If so, what are they, for example?

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: actionable

1 I think that here it could mean that the information is sufficiently useful for you to be able to act upon it rather than sue.
    2 Houses can have names- in villages (in the UK) names are sometimes used instead of numbers by residents, and these names are sometimes related to the function/origin of a house- the glebe house (glebe = church land), the vicarage, etc, or xxx Farm. Is it suggesting using names rather than street numbers to test their databases?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Re: actionable

Thank you for the answer.

Yes. It seems to be suggesting using names rather than street numbers.