• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

indulge

I would like to know the meaning of "they indulge themselves by opening a new bar."

Some people believe that saving fractions of pennies is worthwhile. They are excessively frugal with everything, even those things that cost very little—like soap. These folks, for reasons unknown to science, use a bar of soap until it becomes a paper-thin sliver about the size of a postage stamp. Only then do they indulge themselves by opening a new bar. Don’t be one of them!
    Accept the fact that soap is inexpensive. When a bar no longer gives a good lather, toss it, no matter what its size. And realize that your perception of soap, and every other thing you interact with in your world, affects the quality of your life. If your mind continually gets “just scraping by” messages, it will try to ensure that you just scrape by. But if it gets “enjoying life’s bounty” messages, it will try to ensure that your cup is always running over. Trust me on this one.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bulgarian
      • Home Country:
      • Bulgaria
      • Current Location:
      • Bulgaria

Re: indulge

I’m not a teacher

indulge oneself the luxury of opening a new bar of soap = allow oneself the luxury of opening a new bar of soap = afford oneself the pleasury of opening a new bar of soap

Regards,

V.