Student or Learner
I come across this sentences written by native speaker ?
Is this correct ?
He would recommend she studies hard
Why does the author add ''s'' for verb ''study''
What I know it is a subjunctive case
(1) Was that "native speaker" a British or American person?
(2) I have read that sometimes our British friends use the indicative
(-s form) where Americans prefer the subjunctive form.
(3) Professor Randolph Quirk gives this example:
American (especially) and British English:
The employees have demanded that the manager resign.
The employees ... manager should resign/resigns.
(4) The professor writes that our British friends are starting to use
the subjunctive more "probably as a result of Am[erican]E[nglish]
(5) If that "native speaker" was, in fact, an American, it could simply
be that s/he does not know the "rule" for "good" English.
many thanks to bhaisahab and TheParser