Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I'm still getting logged out after a time while I'm writing replies. It's annoying. This only started happening with this change.

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm still getting logged out after a time while I'm writing replies
Were you ticking the "Remember Me" box when you logged in before? Was this only happening on the new theme, or on the old one too?

I've just now made a change to the new theme that ensures that the tickbox is ticked by default.

NORINET

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
]I second that opinion. Take a bow, Red5.

You know Ronbee? I was waiting for your opinion.:)

The design is more than good.I liked it .

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[/B]
You know Ronbee? I was waiting for your opinion.:)

The design is more than good.I liked it .
Well, I am gradually getting used to the new design. BTW, click on "Moderator Stats" (under "Staff Menu") to find out what I've been up to. (;-)) (BTW, I think you meant to say I like it.)

:-D:up:

NORINET

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Well, I am gradually getting used to the new design. BTW, click on "Moderator Stats" (under "Staff Menu") to find out what I've been up to. (;-)) (BTW, I think you meant to say I like it.)

:-D:up:

I liked it , I like it and I will like it.;-)
You know? This is an interference and an effect of both Arabic and French .
I am going to click on "Moderator Stats" and see .Thank you

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Were you ticking the "Remember Me" box when you logged in before? Was this only happening on the new theme, or on the old one too?

I've just now made a change to the new theme that ensures that the tickbox is ticked by default.
The "Remember me" box was ticked before, and the system remembered me. Do I need to tick it every time I log on now? I thought it was having ticked that box that meant I didn't have to log on each time. It was always ticked, and I was always logged on automatically when I visited the site.
Yes, it's only been happening with the new theme.

OK, I'll see if that default change helps. Thanks.

Red5

Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
@Raymott, nothing has changed here that would affect your ability to log in automatically, and as far as I know you are the only member that is having this issue. Perhaps deleting your cookies from UsingEnglish.com may help in case they've been corrupted somehow...?

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I liked it , I like it and I will like it.;-)
You know? This is an interference and an effect of both Arabic and French .
I am going to click on "Moderator Stats" and see .Thank you

'As soon as I saw it I liked it' - here, you could use the past simple. (So the post where you said 'I liked it' may have been OK - I doubt it though! ;-))

b

wisdomine

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Administrator,
I appriciate ur keen effort to make USING ENGLISH FORUM a platform where both learners and teachers can interact.

I understand teething problems and can look forward a bright future for the forum.

however today is my first day here. But, I will keep my presense persestant not only as a well experienced teacher but also as an active team member...

BON VOYAGE

masuas

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I do appreciate your participation and welcome you to this, new for us stage. Let's hope for interesting exchange of ideas.
You don't have to welcome me.:lol:
Masuas

Amal-30

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
It is wonderful.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
As a very new member (about 11 days) I have given just about equal time to both. I've just returned to the old with, I have to say, a sigh of relief.The new one perhaps looks more modern and professional, but the old one is cosier.

Also, I am a self-centred, narcissistic bar-steward. As soon as I come into the old place, I can glance up to the top right and see how many private messages from my countless fans I have to read before starting work. Why has this useful facility disappeared? - Or am I just too shortsighted to spot it?

The new is a noble effort, and I am sure many others will like it, as this thread shows. The thread also shows that there are a few hardened reactionaries who will camp with me in our old home as long as we can.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I was largely away from my computer for about a month when the new format was introduced.
Since I returned I have mostly used the new format, but I it seems somewhat alien, and is not as comfortable as the 'old place'. I don't have that feeling of being at home at the new UsingEnglish.com that I had with the old format.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I'm still getting logged out after a time while I'm writing replies. It's annoying. This only started happening with this change.
I've also had this problem and it goes back to long before the new UsingEnglish. But it only happens at a computer I use at work. Besides the 'remember me' solution, the problem can be avoided by previewing your answer every 5 minutes or so when you are posting a long reply.

Today, also at a computer at work, an initial post was closed while I was in the process of responding. :-(

Amal-30

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
^ ^ ^

This happens to me in this forum with the old style and the new one and in many other forums not only this forum.
This is not new thing to happen.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I've also had this problem and it goes back to long before the new UsingEnglish. But it only happens at a computer I use at work. Besides the 'remember me' solution, the problem can be avoided by previewing your answer every 5 minutes or so when you are posting a long reply.

Today, also at a computer at work, an initial post was closed while I was in the process of responding. :-(
I've decided it's not the site. It only happened to me using Firefox, not when I'm using IE or Google Chrome. It's annoying having to open a different browser to come here - but we can't blame Red for that!

If anyone finds a solution (it will be in the configuration of the browser), let me know!

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I've decided it's not the site. It only happened to me using Firefox, not when I'm using IE or Google Chrome. It's annoying having to open a different browser to come here - but we can't blame Red for that!

If anyone finds a solution (it will be in the configuration of the browser), let me know!
I've only used google and I had the problem of being logged off from UsingEnglish on the one computer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.