Student or Learner
This is another practice English.
In this case, would everyone please help me correct these sentences? This a a hold essay but it separates into many sentences. (I know there are a lot of errors in there, but that what I tried.)
1)When I was a child, my mother built a
2) telescope, and we used to look at the night sky and speculate
3) whether someone was out their looking back.
4) Usually, I pictured a creature every bit as nice as myself,
5) but lager, with three eyes, sometimes, though, I imagined
6)a dangerous being with a ray gun.
7) Either way, the idea of contract was exciting.
8) The only situation where I was propelled into an agitating panic was when I mediated this thought:
9) What if no one is out there at all.
10)My childhood fascination, it turns out, if you care to know what happened next, mirrors that of
11)scientists whom engage in SETI, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
12)SETI scientists use radio telescopes to listen constantly
13) far signs of life on other planets, yet they rarely send out
14)signals that might show Earth’s location
15) in the galaxy, I guess, the means that some scientists believe a little
16) in my” dangerous being” scenario. After the fact then, I am sure there are others who believe
17)in the harmless extraterrestrial being who seeks only to communicate peaceful with Earth.
18)What all SETI scientists has in common, however,
19) is their hope that someday, whatever the risk,
20) they will receive that long-distance call.
21) If it comes, will the “peace-loving” or the “ dangerous being” scenario prevail .
22) Whichever it is, the most important objective will have been achieved.
23)Anything is preferable to the
24) thought and that we might inhabit this vast universe alone.
Thank you teachers!