Cover letter application as intern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwadi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hey Everybody,

I am about to apply for an internship with a European airline and would appreciate if one of you could proofread my cover letter. Feedback on the content is also highly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,

Schwadi

Inquiry for a 6 months marketing internship starting February 2011

Dear Mrs. xxx,

While researching internship opportunities in the field of marketing at the company name, I noticed an opening for mid-October at your Stockholm office. I am writing to inquire about a possible internship starting February 2011, since I believe my profile and experience match the requirements of the opening.

In a highly competitive environment as the airline industry, building customer and business relationships and creating product awareness becomes a critical success factor.
I am currently in the 5th semester of my studies, completing a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Tourism, in cityX the Netherlands.
As part of my course ‘International Tourism and Travel Industry’, I gained valuable theoretical and practical experience in the field of marketing. Translating market analyses to marketing initiatives and communications, as well as formulating these, is an integral part of my study.

Being regularly confronted with complex problems and concepts, I developed strong analytical skills that allow me to analyze information, identify problems and create logical solutions. Furthermore, I developed a strong affinity to numbers.

Since my study is very project oriented while relying on students’ own initiative, I am used to working in international teams and at the same time able to work independently. I was able to further develop my interpersonal and intercultural skills during my exchange semester at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.

Because of my interest and expertise in the tourism industry in general, and in the airline industry in particular, completing an internship at the company X as one of the world’s leading airlines offers a great opportunity to apply my knowledge and to gain practical experience.

As a flexible and enthusiastic intern, I would like to support your team with my knowledge and first experiences, as well as my high commitment.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Schwadi

Schwadi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Since the application deadline is tomorrow it would be great if one of you could proofread my letter today.

thanks a lot

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
To me, it looks fine, Schwadi.

Unless anybody else suggests any refinements, send it off as is.

Good luck.

Rover

Schwadi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you very much for taking the time to check my letter.

Schwadi

Status
Not open for further replies.