Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Welcome dears

I spoke in English before in British forums and they told me a lot that I don't make sense and they don't understand me! , I learned English in school for almost 10 years and I loved it , Actually I wasn't studying it , I was enjoying learning it and I was very clever in English subject grades , Most of people were (and some still) asking me how could I speak well like that? I said It's very simple and easy just practice in English and express your ideas simply ,However I was shocked when I registered in a British forum because they were understanding me barely and in every thread or post they say " You Make No Sense" I wondered how can't they understand me?! I don't speak French I try my best to combine a right sentence , But in vain .

I want to speak easily like British people , I know it's not easy but it's not impossible too , I have some problems ;

1) There are a lot of words have many meaning so I couldn't memorize all of them .
2) There are a lot of expressions and idioms that every day come new so I may translate it literally so it will make no sense :lol:
3) If I cared about the pronounciation and word not the meaning I won't speak comfortably and fast .

Regards to all of you .

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
From what you have written, I can't see why they said that you made no sense.

Your punctuation, however, does need some work- you're putting spaces before commas- just put a space after a comma, not before.

You''re also using a comma (,) instead of a full-stop (.):
I loved it , Actually I wasn't studying it
This should be
I loved it. Actually I wasn't studying it

Ahmad Safwat

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
From what you have written, I can't see why they said that you made no sense.

Your punctuation, however, does need some work- you're putting spaces before commas- just put a space after a comma, not before.

You''re also using a comma (,) instead of a full-stop (.):

This should be

Thanks very much dear Tdol for the reply and I will becareful for applying your advices about punctuation.

I just struggle to keep coexisting in English and to overcome the problems of numerous meanings of the same word, and to contemporary in idioms of English and American people to be able to get knowledge and to manage relations and If I lived there.

Regards

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
One problem I have seen from your other posts is that you use many words incorrectly.

In this post, you write about a spoiling name- this is an example of something that does make no sense to me- what are you trying to say?
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/...sions/131467-hello-every-body.html#post658911

What sort of dictionary do you use and how are you learning words? I think that your vocabulary is a problem- you use the wrong words a lot and that can make things hard to understand. It's an area you need to work on because it will cause comprehension problems, and at times serious ones.

Ahmad Safwat

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
One problem I have seen from your other posts is that you use many words incorrectly.

In this post, you write about a spoiling name- this is an example of something that does make no sense to me- what are you trying to say?
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/...sions/131467-hello-every-body.html#post658911

What sort of dictionary do you use and how are you learning words? I think that your vocabulary is a problem- you use the wrong words a lot and that can make things hard to understand. It's an area you need to work on because it will cause comprehension problems, and at times serious ones.

Oh, I tryed to say that in the Middle East we call someone with another name similar to his original name (like a surname) and I translated it literally .:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.