Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
real estate register sector

There should be a hyphen or two somewhere in there, I think. Real-estate-register sector?

Thanks.

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

There should be a hyphen or two somewhere in there, I think. Real-estate-register sector?

Thanks.

That's a very odd phrase; I don't know what it means. Where did you find it?
The only other hit a google search turns up is a Czech publication.
I don't think 'real estate' is ever hyphenated, and I wouldn't use any hyphens in that phrase. But again, I don't know what the phrase is supposed to mean.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Can you at least give us a complete sentence, Jasmin?

Rover

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

Thanks.
I'd say no to hyphens. If you're talking about the sector of industry responsible for the registration of real estate, it should make sense to your readers. Perhaps "real estate registration sector" if that's appropriate.

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
Since we're on the topic of hyphens, I thought I'd ask this: isn't the term "quality management system" (Quality management system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) ambiguous? It can mean two things: the management system is of quality or there's a system of quality management.

Do you see what I'm saying?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Since we're on the topic of hyphens, I thought I'd ask this: isn't the term "quality management system" (Quality management system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) ambiguous? It can mean two things: the management system is of quality or there's a system of quality management.

Do you see what I'm saying?
"Quality management" would only be interpreted as "management of high quality" by someone who's never been in business, or if the context completely ruled out the common meaning. Maybe, "They have such high quality management in that company" could be called ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.