Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Hi,
I have some concern about wordings not being appropriate, too informal for a cover letter. I've underlined them.

Any hint will be welcomed!
---------------------
Dear Ms x,

Herein I express my interest in discussing a possible position in [agency name]. My web job hunting brought me to the 'asp.NET developer' web page of your agency. Working as a web developer at [agency name] sounds very appealing, and I am confident that my education and motivation will make me a candidate worth considering.

My unique mix of previous work and life experiences have convince me that software development is the career option that would bring me the most satisfaction. I am currently on a training course on .NET framework in Bruxelles.

With a degree in Electronics Engineering and a strong interest in technology, I have an sound technical background. I demonstrate a capacity to work both as an individual and a committed team member. As a result of my experience and education, I believe I am able to contribute the following qualities:
-A very good knowledge of web technologies (XHTML, CSS, Javascript, XML)
-A good knowledge of .NET technologies (C#, Winforms, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, T-SQL)
-Very good communication skills due to my various positions as an educator
-Competence in tackling problems and willingness to take responsibility
-Keen openness towards continuous learning of new technologies

I enclose my curriculum vitae for your kind consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
[my name]

P.S. : There is no inconvenience in making myself available before the end of the training course.

albertino

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hi,
I have some concern about wordings not being appropriate, too informal for a cover letter. I've underlined them.

Any hint will be welcomed!
---------------------
Dear Ms x,

Herein I express my interest in discussing a possible position in [agency name]. My web job hunting has brought me to the 'asp.NET developer' web page of your agency. Working as a web developer at [agency name] sounds very appealing, I am confident that my education and motivation will make me a candidate worth considering.

My unique mix of previous work and life experiences has convinced me that software development is the career option that would bring me the most satisfaction. I am currently on a training course on .NET framework in Bruxelles.

With a degree in Electronics Engineering and a strong interest in technology, I have a sound technical background. I demonstrate a capacity to work as both an individual and a committed team member. As a result of my experience and education, I believe I am able to contribute the following qualities:
-A very good knowledge of web technologies (XHTML, CSS, Javascript, XML)
-A good knowledge of .NET technologies (C#, Winforms, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, T-SQL)
-Very good communication skills because of my various positions as an educator
-Competence in tackling problems and willingness to take responsibility
-Keen openness towards continuous learning of new technologies

I enclose my curriculum vitae for your kind consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
[my name]

P.S. : There is no inconvenience in making myself available before the end of the training course.
(Not a teacher)
Wish you success. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.