Student or Learner
Thank you all who helps to learn/improve English
I need your help in a following matter:
In the test on Adjectives order there is a sentence: "He's an unfriendly rich man" - that's the correct answer.
I understand that "unfriendly" describes opinion, that's why it took the first place in this word combination.
But which group does the adjective "rich" pertains to? Purpose?
Thanks in advance
(1) I agree that adjective placement can be confusing.
(2) I think that some other languages have a more logical system.
(3) I think (think) that it depends on what we wish to modify.
(4) In your sentence, we are talking about a "rich man."
(a) We then describe what kind of rich man:
(i) a(n) unfriendly/friendly/ugly/handsome/ honest/dishonest
For example: He is now a rich man, but he still is not very friendly.
With all that money, I do not understand how he could be such an
unfriendly rich man. (Maybe it's true: Money cannot buy happiness.)
(5) Maybe we wish to describe an "unfriendly man."
(a) Then we would describe him:
(i) a(n) rich/poor/stupid/intelligent/tall/short
For example: He is a very unfriendly man, but he has many
"friends" because he is a rich unfriendly man. (Money "buys"
Is it an attributive adjective maybe?
Thank you all for your replies