Enclosed Herewith

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeete08

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,

Which is/are correct and why?

1) Enclosed herewith... or Enclose herewith... or Herewith enclosed... or Herewith enclose...? Should "Herewith" be in front of "Enclose/Enclosed"? Should it be "Enclose" or "Enclosed"?

2) Should it be "I enclose a copy of ..." or "I enclosed a copy of..." in email writing? When to use "enclose" and "enclosed"?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Yeete

kenkk2

Member Type
Other
Hi,

Which is/are correct and why?

1) Enclosed herewith... or Enclose herewith... or Herewith enclosed... or Herewith enclose...? Should "Herewith" be in front of "Enclose/Enclosed"? Should it be "Enclose" or "Enclosed"?

2) Should it be "I enclose a copy of ..." or "I enclosed a copy of..." in email writing? When to use "enclose" and "enclosed"?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Yeete
Not a teacher.
Just simply :" Please find enclosed.."(I think this is more up-to-date) enclosed herewith sounds abit old fashion...or I have enclosed the documents as you requested.
Though, according to The Oxford Dictionary of American Usage and Style
: enclosed please find; please find enclosed; enclosed herewith; enclosed herein. These phrases—common in commercial and legal correspondence—are archaic deadwood for here are, enclosed is, I've enclosed, I am enclosing, or the like. Interestingly, business-writing texts have consistently condemned the phrases since the late 19th century:
• “[Please find enclosed:] A more ridiculous use of words, it seems to me, there could not be”.

Status
Not open for further replies.