Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Maciej, I believe you're a good and responsible translator. It's comforting to see a person who really cares about his translation.

I'm not a native speaker, so it's to be confirmed by one, but I find "which" in "this is all which we expect" a little awkward.

Macio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Maciej, I believe you're a good and responsible translator. It's comforting to see a person who really cares about his translation.

I'm not a native speaker, so it's to be confirmed by one, but I find "which" in "this is all which we expect" a little awkward.

Thank you Birdeen's. As to "which", I used this word, because it stands here for the grammatical formula which uses the "which" word to encompass everything what was said hitherto. This may be outdated, grandiloquent or just wrong, but that's why I often ask Natives as I think only they have the proper feel of the language - and even that is not 100% rule!:)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Raymott, I understand elicitation here as a noun. So: [caulking of intestinal erosions] and [restoring of absorption processes] are the reason for remaining distressing ailments to subside successively. So: the remaining distressing ailments -> subside successively as the elicitation of [caulking of intestinal erosions] and [restoring of absorption processes].
Please check the dictionary result here: Elicitation | Define Elicitation at Dictionary.com
Please correct me if I am wrong.

edit:
In other words:
[caulking of intestinal erosions] and [restoring of absorption processes] elicit the subsidence of the remaining distressing ailments.
You still need a verb after the "as" phrase. What is the verb?
If you use "with" you don't need one.

* Your bowel gets better as the restoration of proper absorption. Wrong
Your bowel gets better with the restoration of proper absorption. Right

* The novel gets more interesting as the development of the plot. Wrong
The novel gets more interesting as the development of the plot unfolds. Right.

Macio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Great help!! Thank you!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

Yes, it's wrong. I should have deleted it. "This is all we expect".

Macio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Ok, done. I hope you are sure of it - I have checked it a few times with my dictionary.

Macio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Just to make it clear for English readers - the Cleansing Mixture is only one, very tiny piece of the whole. Further articles are to be translated. I am the only translator for the moment, so it probably will take a pretty while. All you are very welcome to have your say on my translations (and on the topic itself - but this is to be stretched on the associated Forum, of which the English version hasn't been run yet. I will let you know when it's functional). I highly value your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.