[Essay] How shall I refer myself in a report writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheehing98

Member Type
Other
Hi. I am about to start writing up for my personal Professional Engineer interview report. The report is about to share my working experiences in my course of career. Since this report will be something about my experiences, shall I refer myself as "the author", "the writer" or "my" in the report?

E.g.

This report describes and summaries the training and working experiences of the author/the writer/myself (???) since graduation in 2003 until presently, of which covering various sectors in Research & Development, Construction Industry and Property Development & Development. This report further indicate the positions held by the author/the writer/myself (???) and the detail duties, responsibilities and experience gained during his course of career.

TQ.

yeecharles

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
'I' or 'My' is better. You are talking about your own experiences.

cheehing98

Member Type
Other
thanks for your opinion.

what if i use "the candidate" in the report since I am the one who will taking the interview?

yeecharles

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I don't know much about report writing but the use of 'I' will add a touch of authenticity to your work. However, who is the interviewee of the report? If you are the interviewee, you may refer to yourself as 'the interviewee' or your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.