• Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

CCQ's

Hello everyone!

I'm an English teacher midway the CELTA Course. In there, we come across the CCQ's. I'm still learning about them, and how to make them accordingly to get a good pass. However, truth be told, my tutor keeps telling me my CCQ's are not adequate! And I keep reading the material, but I can't see exactly what is wrong with mine. So, I've found this site and wanted to ask for some input from fellow teachers. Do you actually use CCQ's? If yes, what is your thinking process to make them?

Cheers!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Re: CCQ's

Your first port of call in a situation like this should be your tutors. They should be helping you formulate valid CCQs. The next time your tutors criticise an inadequate CCQ, ask him/her what s/he would have asked. Don't be shy about asking - that's part of the tutor's job.

You might find this helpful: http://www.eslbase.com/tefl-a-z/concept-questions

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Note that there should not be an apostrophe in "CCQs". It's not possessive, it's plural.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Note that there should not be an apostrophe in "CCQs". It's not possessive, it's plural.

Agreed! However my course material actually uses apostrophe (I have always wondered why), I guess it just stuck in my head.. Hahaha anyways, thank you.

By the way Piscean, that other site was very good reference! Thank you!

Cheers!