Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,189
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    Cool it's or that's ok

    Hello!

    Which one is correct "it's" or "that's" in these cases:

    -I'll see you at 3 if its/that's ok.

    -If its/that's ok, we'll change activities.


    Thank you
    W

  1. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,135
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: it's or that's ok

    Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post
    Hello!

    Which one is correct "it's" or "that's" in these cases:

    -I'll see you at 3 if its/that's ok.

    -If its/that's ok, we'll change activities.


    Thank you
    W
    I'd go for that's or if it's/that's OK with you in the first, it's or it's OK with you in the second. However, this seems to be a personal feeling - I can't come up with a good reason. Wait and see what others say.

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,278
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: it's or that's ok

    Quote Originally Posted by fivejedjon View Post
    I'd go for that's or if it's/that's OK with you in the first, it's or it's OK with you in the second. However, this seems to be a personal feeling - I can't come up with a good reason. Wait and see what others say.
    I see it exactly the same way.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 1,189
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Cool Re: it's or that's ok

    Thank you, and what about:

    "We'll change activities if that's ok". ?

    Thanks

  3. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,278
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: it's or that's ok

    Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post
    Thank you, and what about:

    "We'll change activities if that's ok". ?

    Thanks
    Yes, that's OK.

  4. 5jj's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

    • Join Date: Oct 2010
    • Posts: 28,135
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: it's or that's ok

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Yes, that's OK.
    It's OK with me, too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •