Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
Dear teachers,

Would you tell me whether I am right with my interpretation of the expression in bold in the following sentence?

Each terrorism threat level will be accompanied by a plan of action for both the security forces, as well as the administrations of critically important and potentially dangerous facilities.

facilities = objects

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

V

jerry081958

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear teachers,

Would you tell me whether I am right with my interpretation of the expression in bold in the following sentence?

Each terrorism threat level will be accompanied by a plan of action for both the security forces, as well as the administrations of critically important and potentially dangerous facilities.

facilities = objects

Thank you for your efforts.

Regards,

V

Objects? What objects would be potentially dangerous for terrorism?

I think this is talking about places that would be a target for terrorism. Examples? Power plants (especially nuclear power plants), water treatment plants, etc. Places that would cause great harm if they were attacked by terrorists.

vil

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bulgarian
Home Country
Bulgaria
Current Location
Bulgaria
object = something perceptible by one or more of the senses, especially by vision or touch; a material thing

object = entity, aim, design, recipient, target

a building object = a building site = a construction site

a beaty spot (for example Sochi) = a place of interest = a point of interest = an object of interest

I work on a building site = I work on a building project = I work on a building object

I carry out an industrial object.

The insurance contract covers property interests related to the insurant’s obligation to reimburse any damage inflicted to third parties as result of a breakdown or other incident that may occur at the hazardous industrial objects operated by the insurant

Reconstruction and modernization of industrial objects with complex spatial engineering structures, communications and equipment often requires exact information on their spatial attitude.

ENGINEERING COMPANY: DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF INDUSTRIAL OBJECTs

The company has a long-term experience in management of complex construction of industrial facilities "on a turn-key basis", as well as in realization of special kinds of installation works.

The company has a long-term experience in management of complex construction of industrial objects” on a turn-key basis", as well as in realization of special kinds of installation works.

Significantly, the US military has not released its own files of the incident despite ... military-industrial objects, natural phenomena, wishful thinking, ...

Of these, nearly 50% were targeted not at military or industrial objects, ...

20 May 2010 ... In the same time, military and technical cooperation between the two ... In the same time, the relations between Vietnam and the USA are quite controversial. ... built about 250 industrial objects; i

Status
Not open for further replies.