Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

needhee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Can you please proofread for grammar mistakes and confusing wording? corrections and/or recommendations would be appreciated! I need to turn it in really soon!!

“The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.” There is a myriad of situations to which this saying could apply to. It might apply to something small and petty or to something much more substantial! However, almost all humans are never completely satisfied with where they are in life; they see their own flaws more vividly and don’t consider the possibility that they may have the “greener side”.

It is human nature to want what one doesn’t have. People may have this envious feeling subconsciously, not recognizing the peculiar longing that is occurring. It is hard to get rid of this feeling; to do so one would have to be completely satisfied with what they have. Has one ever heard of someone with this peace of mind? Undoubtedly there are very few who are free of this feeling of envy and longing.

Standing in a yard of green grass one may look down. Up close one can see the brown patches and flaws of the section of grass. The grass farther away seems greener as one cannot see the flaws from so far away. Compare this to life; one’s life may seem perfect and flawless to an outsider until it is seen in detail. Some may not know that everyone has flaws and that no earthly being is perfect. However, sooner or later one must realize that they are not the only one with flaws. An outwardly perfect character may be confidentially flawed.

Once another’s problems are seen in detail, one may realize that their own problems are not as severe in comparison. If “the grass is greener on the other side”, what is stopping the observer from being the “other side”? If one strives to be the best they can be, they will be looked upon as an epitome despite their flaws. Most see flaws within themselves, but refuse to recognize the admirable traits or favorable circumstances they possess.

One may wonder how this powerful emotion is shown in this simple trivial saying. So much thought can be put into deciphering this. It all depends on your interpretation. People need to accept where they are in life, because life could be worse. Wherever there is a greener side there is also a ----

-------I can't figure out the last word of my conclusion! i want to say browner side or worse side but it sounds bad... recommendation?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Please don't ask us to do or correct your homework; this is a place to discuss language.

needhee

Member Type
Student or Learner
oh my gosh! i am soooo sorry! i stumbled upon this website while looking for essay proofreading tips and i hoped that someone would give me there opinion on it! i thought this website was FOR proofreading essays AND learning! Thank you so much for telling me! and again i am very sorry!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
No problem - nobody is accusing you of anything malicious!

By the way, for your last word, I would go for 'blacker' or 'darker'.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi! Hope it's not too late..When I was having trouble with my essay I consulted professional proofreaders. I had mine made by inwrite.com Have yours checked too. :)

This appears to me to be an attempt to slip in free advertising!

Status
Not open for further replies.