Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Good morning!

I'd like to know the interests of both USA and USSR during the Cold War?

What's the main reason that led to the the Cold War?

Why did America push the western countries to join its economy?

Please, I need an answer with details...

Thanks for reading and interesting.

Karima:up:

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Good morning!

I'd like to know the interests of both USA and USSR during the Cold War?
What's the main reason that led to the the Cold War?
Why did America push the western countries to join its economy?
Please, I need an answer with details...

lauralie kindly provided you with a link. She is kinder than I. Please remember, before posting further questions, the note at the top of this page "... this is a place to discuss language".

Karima-19

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
I see! but I found someone who provided me with an answer!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I see! but I found someone who provided me with an answer!

Luck is where you find it.
Glad you find an answer without being at the mercy of crusty curmedgeons such as I.;-)

Karima-19

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
ok

Last edited:

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Strange! You're really strange but not bad! Anyway, thanks for comments.

Five is not strange at all, he is simply very gently reminding you that the purpose of this Forum is to discuss language, not to assist with homework assignments.To be brutally frank, your question about the Cold War could have been deleted by stricter moderators than me, since it wasn't language-related. I'm leaving it in place for the time being so that others may learn what is and is not appropriate question-wise in this Forum.

Reactions: 5jj

Karima-19

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
I'm sorry. I didn't think that asking such a question will bother some members here!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
And I was gong to move it to the general discussions section, but now I won't.

Imagine you ran a forum dedicated to math, and I came there to ask whether I should wear a long dress or a short skirt to a fancy party. Would you think it belonged there?

Karima-19

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
And I was gong to move it to the general discussions section, but now I won't.

Imagine you ran a forum dedicated to math, and I came there to ask whether I should wear a long dress or a short skirt to a fancy party. Would you think it belonged there?

I see! I'm sorry, you're right! cause my question was linked to America Civilization and this forum is for language, I don't know why did I asked such a question without realizing if does it link to the forum's target or not! Sorry again and thanks for warning me!

Munch

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Japan
Imagine you ran a forum dedicated to math, and I came there to ask whether I should wear a long dress or a short skirt to a fancy party.

By the Banach–Tarski paradox, any two bounded subsets of 3-dimensional Euclidean space with non-empty interiors are equidecomposable. Therefore, bring a pair of scissors and go with a friend, with each of you wearing a different outfit. When you arrive at the party, you can cut up one outfit and reassemble it into two identical outfits appropriate to the party.

Caution: this solution is somewhat inelegant, as it is not generally socially optimal for distinct females to wear identical outfits.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
By the Banach–Tarski paradox, any two bounded subsets of 3-dimensional Euclidean space with non-empty interiors are equidecomposable. Therefore, bring a pair of scissors and go with a friend, with each of you wearing a different outfit. When you arrive at the party, you can cut up one outfit and reassemble it into two identical outfits appropriate to the party.

Caution: this solution is somewhat inelegant, as it is not generally socially optimal for distinct females to wear identical outfits.
:shocked!:

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

You'd have to be mighty skillful in scissoring to carry out the Banach-Tarski decomposition! :shock:

Munch

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Japan
You'd have to be mighty skillful in scissoring to carry out the Banach-Tarski decomposition! :shock:

:Waves hands:

Assume infinitely precise tailoring.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Uh, I'm wearing a long, dark red velvet dress, but it has a lot of cleavage so it's not too frumpy, and seamed black stockings. Anyone who comes near me with scissors better watch out.

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Uh, I'm wearing a long, dark red velvet dress, but it has a lot of cleavage so it's not too frumpy, and seamed black stockings. Anyone who comes near me with scissors better watch out.

I'm betting no one will address you as "sir" or "mister" now! :-D

Reactions: 5jj
Status
Not open for further replies.