Looking for a coach to get rid of the accent

Status
Not open for further replies.

obss

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello

I am a Romanian native, living in Romania and only speaking English as a result of having been a student in philology and studying general linguistics.
I am currently have a radio show in English and am quite discontent with my poor accent.
I would be grateful to find some resources for learning and practicing to get rid of my accent and be able to speak one of the worldwide usual English accents (N-American or British). If a coach is the best way to have this done, be it a coach.

Thank you.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello

I am a Romanian native, living in Romania and only speaking English as a result of having been a student in philology and studying general linguistics.
I am currently have a radio show in English and am quite discontent with my poor accent.
I would be grateful to find some resources for learning and practicing to get rid of my accent and be able to speak one of the worldwide usual English accents (N-American or British). If a coach is the best way to have this done, be it a coach.

Thank you.

As I have responded previously to others who have posted a similar request: "be careful what you wish for". From an AmE perspective would you like the New England, New York City, Southern, Mid-Western, Lake Region, Western etc. American accent? Foreign or "non-American" accents can be attractive. Why do you think there are so many personalities with their native language accents on American television and in movies? I would suggest that you concentrate on your pronunciation rather than your accent.

obss

Member Type
Student or Learner
I agree with that, nevertheless I still need help regarding pronunciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.