Results 1 to 2 of 2
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 1,630

    tube for feeding

    1) How do we call the tube inserting into the nose of a patient to feed them liquid food.

    2) Also, shall I call those as liquid food or not.

    3) How should I make a sentence saying one is having that tube on for eating liquid food?


  1. BobK's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2006
    • Posts: 16,038

    Re: tube for feeding

    Pick some words from this: Nasogastric intubation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if you want the specific vocabulary. But colloquially people just say 'being fed through a tube'. (By the nature of the process, what's sent down the tube is going to be liquid.)


Similar Threads

  1. [Vocabulary] inner tube
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-Apr-2010, 16:20
  2. [General] flag-feeding (American )=?
    By thedaffodils in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-Nov-2008, 02:47
  3. feeding
    By Offroad in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-May-2008, 18:12
  4. feeding frenzy swimming
    By Bushwhacker in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2008, 10:42
  5. tube, pipe and ducting
    By wuwei in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28-Jan-2007, 05:16


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts