Student or Learner
Select either contraction or possessive for each of the underlined bold words. Thank you for your help!
1. At community college, a students' (possessive) cars often outnumber available parking spaces
2. It's (contraction) a problem shared by many of the country's (possessive) best students.
3. What's (contraction) a campus to do?
4. They're (contraction) often cause of a new problem-security.
5. Who's (contraction) protecting that student's car (possessive)?
6. Everyone's (possessive) physical safety because some students have to walk to and from the main campus at night.
7. That's (contraction) why all police cadets' (possessive) duties include escorting night students to these lots.
8. Most people agree that the remote lots' (contraction) parking fees should be much lower than the ones on campus.
Congratulations!!! You seem to have done a great job --
maybe even better than some of us native speakers.
I most respectfully suggest that No. 8 may be a possessive:
That is, the parking fees of the remote lots.
********** NOT A TEACHER **********
P. S. No. 1. Did you accidentally type an "a" before "students' "?
No. 4. Did you forget the "the" before "cause"?
Furthermore, I think you need a dash:
A new problem -- security.
A hyphen is like:
His three-year-old son.
No. 5. that student's car/ those students' cars ???
No. 6. Everyone's personal safety ______ because ....
I think you need something in the space, such as:
may be at risk
I wish that my Spanish were as good as your English. Good luck to