• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

As it would appear

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask which word "it" refers to in "as it would appear"/

The Mars reality is so very much a projection of Earth as it would appear in the physical reality in a future existence, were it destined to remain in the third dimension of physical density. Observing what little you are shown of Martian topography, it must have occurred to you that this planet (which you are now discovering for its true history) is the quintessential model of an intelligent species' abuse of planetary energies.

Does "it" refer to Earth or to Mars?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: As it would appear

“It” refers to Earth. I understand why you were confused - the paragraph is nonsense.

This is from a book called The Starseed Dialogues: Soul Searching the Universe, by Patricia Cori. Do you realise this book is either a joke, or full of rubbish? In my opinion, it is not a very useful book to study if you want to learn English. To be specific, it is difficult to understand, badly written, the writer uses words in very usual ways, and she abuses scientific terms.

If you have to translate it, good luck and I hope it doesn’t melt your brain.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Re: As it would appear

Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    “It” refers to Earth. I understand why you were confused - the paragraph is nonsense.

This is from a book called The Starseed Dialogues: Soul Searching the Universe, by Patricia Cori. Do you realise this book is either a joke, or full of rubbish? In my opinion, it is not a very useful book to study if you want to learn English. To be specific, it is difficult to understand, badly written, the writer uses words in very usual ways, and she abuses scientific terms.

If you have to translate it, good luck and I hope it doesn’t melt your brain.
    Thank you very much, Munch.