• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

come into

"I was wondering if you have a line on a fast-food franchise coming into our city." Correct?
    Last edited by ostap77; 21-Nov-2010 at 23:35.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Re: come into

Quote Originally Posted by ostap77 View Post
    "I was wondering if you have a line on a fast-food franchise coming into our city." Correct?
    Correct, though very informal, this sentence would be understandable to any native (AmE) speaker.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by riquecohen View Post
    Correct, though very informal, this sentence would be understandable to any native (AmE) speaker.
    So basically "franchise" means like a brand name? So I could have said " a new man's wear frahcise is coming into town" meaning that there is going to be a new brand name store in our city?

"We are swamped with work in an office. When I'm back from work you will already be watching a semifinal for sometime." Is the last part of the sentence is "very grammatically incorrect"? Is it possible to say this in conversation instead of the Future Perfect Progressive
    Last edited by ostap77; 21-Nov-2010 at 23:53.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by ostap77 View Post
    So basically "franchise" means like a brand name? So I could have said " a new man's wear frahcise is coming into town" meaning that there is going to be a new brand name store in our city?

"We are swamped with work in an office. When I'm back from work you will already be watching a semifinal for sometime." Is the last part of the sentence is "very grammatically incorrect"? Is it possible to say this in conversation instead of the Future Perfect Progressive
    Ostap, regular members will stop responding to your questions if you don't change your ways.

In this last post you have:

1. Changed your original question into a new question, as you have done before.. The original question was simply, 'is this correct?' Now you are asking about the meaning of the word franchise. This is very frustrating for members following a thread from the beginning to see if they can help out. Suddenly they are confronted with a different question.

2. You have sneaked in a completely different question. Not only that, but it's one you have already asked twice before, and I pointed out to you on the second occasion that it is against forum guidelines to repeat a question if you haven't, in your opinion, received an answer quickly enough.

In addition to that, the title of your thread gave no indication of what it was about.

You post a lot of questions. Answering them takes up the time of members doing the answering. That is fine, but don't make life more difficult for us if you hope for responses.