• very bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kabdelgawad

Member Type
Student or Learner
[FONT=&quot]Could any one review the following PhD motivation letter for me. I really appreciate any help. thanks!
[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]November 22, 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear [/FONT]Registrar[FONT=&quot],[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I am writing in response to the advertisement as regard vacancy for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]PhD position in Media and Communication Studies[/FONT][FONT=&quot] at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the Department of Informatics and Media[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Uppsala University[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. I respectfully submit this letter of application, for I believe my [/FONT][FONT=&quot]academic and professional [/FONT][FONT=&quot]experiences are well qualified to meet the needs of the project.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I have gained my master degree in Information Technology from Alexandria University, Egypt. My thesis entitles “Interactive Walkthrough Cities and Its Applications in Urban Design”. As a part of my contribution in my master thesis, I have proposed a new software tool that helps in calculating 2D offline visibility for virtual environments. I have exploited my gained experience in designing and developing a web 3D interactive simulation for Virtual Luxor Governmental Project.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] My master dissertation was an opportunity to demonstrate my enhanced writing skills and my ability to collate both analytical data and factual information relating to navigation and communication through virtual environments. The Master enabled me to underline the practical skills gained through academic and part-time work, with theoretical knowledge. As a result, this affords me a strong advantage as I can offer the breadth of skills that you seek as well as relevant knowledge of media and communication.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Prior to having my master degree, I got a postgraduate diploma in Information Technology from Alexandria University as well. My graduation project was about developing E-learning framework – user interface design and implementation phase. I received a full 9 months scholarship to study multimedia in Information Technology Institute after my graduation from faculty of Engineering, Architecture department. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] As my resume shows, after I had finished my study in the multimedia scholarship, I spent one year establishing “EGMATION” a multimedia solutions company. Being the project manager for such a growing and promising company taught me a lot of technical and managerial skills. I utilized multiple social networking sites for marketing purposes and getting the company exposed to the potential customers. Additionally, this type of sites enables me to exchange my resources and experiences with my colleagues and mentors. I have been fully acquainted with different communication tools and technologies which enable me to: understand the importance of media in contemporary society,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Communicate effectively and create meaningful media content and engage with various forms of media and media environments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I have been working in web development and design field for five years. I have solid knowledge and experience in different web2 technologies such as: JavaScript, Flash Action Script and jQuery. I have participated in developing and designing many web applications using the aforementioned technologies. All SLATES *– search, links, authoring, tags, extensions and signals – techniques were applied in all my conducted web applications. While I was working in Booz Allen Hamilton, I was a member of the software developing team. Many web applications were produced such as: Company online forum, HR management system, procurement management system and time tracking management system.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] After one year in Booz Allen Hamilton, I have been promoted to be a lead multimedia designer in Curriculum Development Center. This new responsibility taught me the importance of collaboration, motivation, determination and responsibility. I have exposed to multiple web2 application domains such as e-learning and e-business applications. I have gained a great experience regarding to communications and interactions responsibilities. I was responsible for providing multimedia training to Curriculum Development Center and company employees in support of the team’s and firm’s overall capability, running a multimedia internship program for Institute of Information Technology (ITI), providing training to young multimedia developers and making hiring recommendations from the intern pool. Additionally, I have been responsible for providing support, input and expertise in the development of major client briefs and presentation. I was part of the leadership team of the Curriculum Development Center, helping to define direction, staffing needs and marketing strategy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Being a part time instructor for post graduates students gives me the confidence of facing the crowd and presenting my views in front of a large audience. I have been teaching 3D Max, Adobe Director and office software for three years in Information Technology Institute and Information Technology Incorporation. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I have been very active in both my academic and professional career in parallel. I have gained an interdisciplinary experience which enables me to pursue my PhD studies in media and communications. I find this field is very interesting because the understanding of media convergence and know how to handle it is an essential element of what it means to be literate in a mediated world. Studying media and communications offers both an intellectual exploration of the connected themes of digitization, multimedia, interactivity and globalization and the chance to make the most of the opportunities which the merging media offer. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] My resume also demonstrates my active community involvement in educational, training and ICT communities such as American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), Information Technology Institute (ITI) and Alexandria University and The Geometry in Architecture and Building Design GEO-ARAB-DESIGN group.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Recently, I have received a full scholarship to study Advances Geometry Architecture in Vienna University of Technology for two weeks. I have got this scholarship as I have been selected the winning entry in Geo-Arab-Design competition.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I believe with these research and technical values that I possess, pursuing a PhD will add more to it and expose me more to areas where media and communications knowledge are relevant and in addition, put into practice what I have learnt so far. I have enclosed the application form, my CV, certificate and transcript. I look forward to hear from you soon. Thank you very much for your consideration.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Yours Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Khaled Abd El Gawad[/FONT]

*McAfee, A. (2006). Enterprise 2.0: The Dawn of Emergent Collaboration. MIT Sloan Management review. Vol. 47, No. 3, p. 21–28.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It's very good, Khaled.

If no-one suggests any refinements soon, you can confidently send this off as is.

Rover

kabdelgawad

Member Type
Student or Learner
It's very good, Khaled.

If no-one suggests any refinements soon, you can confidently send this off as is.

Rover

Rover,

Thank you Rover. It's my first time to write such type of letters. Don't you have any refinements you like to add?

khaled

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
[FONT=&quot]Could any one review the following PhD motivation letter for me. I really appreciate any help. thanks![/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]November 22, 2010[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dear [/FONT]Registrar[FONT=&quot],[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am writing in response to the advertisement as regard vacancy for [/FONT][FONT=&quot]PhD position in Media and Communication Studies[/FONT][FONT=&quot] at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the Department of Informatics and Media[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Uppsala University[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. I respectfully submit this letter of application, for I believe my [/FONT][FONT=&quot]academic and professional [/FONT][FONT=&quot]experiences are well qualified to meet the needs of the project.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have gained my master degree in Information Technology from Alexandria University, Egypt. My thesis wes entitled “Interactive Walkthrough Cities and Its Applications in Urban Design”. As a part of my contribution in my master thesis, I have proposed a new software tool that helps in calculating 2D offline visibility for virtual environments. I have exploited my gained experience in designing and developing a web 3D interactive simulation for Virtual Luxor Governmental Project.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My Master's dissertation was an opportunity to demonstrate my enhanced writing skills and my ability to collate both analytical data and factual information relating to navigation and communication through virtual environments. The Master's enabled me to underline the practical skills gained through academic and part-time work, with theoretical knowledge. As a result, this affords me a strong advantage as I can offer the breadth of skills that you seek as well as relevant knowledge of media and communication.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prior to having my Master degree, I got a postgraduate diploma in Information Technology from Alexandria University as well. My graduation project was about developing E-learning framework – user interface design and implementation phase. I received a full 9 months scholarship to study multimedia in Information Technology Institute after my graduation from faculty of Engineering, Architecture department. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As my resume shows, after I had finished my study in the multimedia scholarship, I spent one year establishing “EGMATION” a multimedia solutions company. Being the project manager for such a growing and promising company taught me a lot of technical and managerial skills. I utilized multiple social networking sites for marketing purposes and getting the company exposed to the potential customers. Additionally, this type of sites enables me to exchange my resources and experiences with my colleagues and mentors. I have been fully acquainted with different communication tools and technologies which enable me to: understand the importance of media in contemporary society,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]communicate effectively and create meaningful media content and engage with various forms of media and media environments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been working in web development and design field for five years. I have solid knowledge and experience in different web2 technologies such as: JavaScript, Flash Action Script and jQuery. I have participated in developing and designing many web applications using the aforementioned technologies. All SLATES *– search, links, authoring, tags, extensions and signals – techniques were applied in all my conducted web applications. While I was working in Booz Allen Hamilton, I was a member of the software developing team. Many web applications were produced such as: Company online forum, HR management system, procurement management system and time tracking management system.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After one year in Booz Allen Hamilton, I have been promoted to be a lead multimedia designer in Curriculum Development Center. This new responsibility taught me the importance of collaboration, motivation, determination and responsibility. I have exposed to multiple web2 application domains such as e-learning and e-business applications. I have gained a great experience regarding to communications and interactions responsibilities. I was responsible for providing multimedia training to Curriculum Development Center and company employees in support of the team’s and firm’s overall capability, running a multimedia internship program for Institute of Information Technology (ITI), providing training to young multimedia developers and making hiring recommendations from the intern pool. Additionally, I have been responsible for providing support, input and expertise in the development of major client briefs and presentation. I was part of the leadership team of the Curriculum Development Center, helping to define direction, staffing needs and marketing strategy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Being a part time instructor for post graduates students gives me the confidence to face a crowd and present[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE][/FONT][FONT=&quot] my views in front of a large audience. I have been teaching 3D Max, Adobe Director and office software for three years in the Information Technology Institute and Information Technology Incorporation. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been very active in both my academic and professional career in parallel. I have gained an interdisciplinary experience which enables me to pursue my PhD studies in media and communications. I find this field is very interesting because the understanding of media convergence and know how to handle it is an essential element of what it means to be literate in a mediated world. Studying media and communications offers both an intellectual exploration of the connected themes of digitization, multimedia, interactivity and globalization and the chance to make the most of the opportunities which the merging media offer. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My resume also demonstrates my active community involvement in educational, training and ICT communities such as American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), Information Technology Institute (ITI) and Alexandria University and The Geometry in Architecture and Building Design GEO-ARAB-DESIGN group.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Recently, I have received a full scholarship to study Advances Geometry Architecture in Vienna University of Technology for two weeks. I have got this scholarship as I have been selected the winning entry in Geo-Arab-Design competition.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I believe with these research and technical values that I possess, pursuing a PhD will add more to it and expose me more to areas where media and communications knowledge are relevant and in addition, put into practice what I have learnt so far. I have enclosed the application form, my CV, certificate and transcript. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you very much for your consideration.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Khaled Abd El Gawad[/FONT]

*McAfee, A. (2006). Enterprise 2.0: The Dawn of Emergent Collaboration. MIT Sloan Management review. Vol. 47, No. 3, p. 21–28.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.