Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Please I want u to help me with this:

I have an english book which has:

1. present perfect
  2. The difference between the present perfect and the past simple
and it's mentioned in the book that once, twice,... and everyday are keywords for present perfect.

In my opinion once refers to the past tense but the book is dealing with it with the present perfect..

OR I think that if once refer to one time then its (present perfect) but if once refer to (once upon a time) so it refers to the (past)

Here are some sentences which I want you to help me answering it...and tell me why did u choose the present perfect and why did u choose the past tense please don't forget to say why..

Complete these conversation. Use the present perfect and the past simple of the verbs given and short answers.

1. A:........ you ever ....... skiing?(go) B:Yes,I..... . I ...... skiing once in Colorado.
2.A:...you ever ..... something valuable?(lose)
B:No,I..... . But my brother .....his camera on a trip once.

3) A: ...... you ever ... a traffic ticket ?(get)
b: Yes , I ....... once I .... a ticket and had to pay $ 50.
Please if you can answer all my questions please answer them and please please please as soon as you can help me because I introuduced this in a wrong way ...

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Here are some sentences which I want you to help me answering it...and tell me why did u choose the present perfect and why did u choose the past tense please don't forget to say why..

Complete these conversation. Use the present perfect and the past simple of the verbs given and short answers.

A:........ you ever ....... skiing?(go) B:Yes,I..... . I ...... skiing once in Colorado.

Sorry, that's not how the board works.

You have to try to answer the questions yourself first, and then we comment.

And please write you - not u.

Rover

koukouliko

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Sorry, that's not how the board works.

You have to try to answer the questions yourself first, and then we comment.

And please write you - not u.

Rover

I think I mentioned that i'm confused about them so that's why i didn't answer them i can put the present perfect and the past tense anywhere you didn't get my point I asked about once ... How can i deal with it... whether to answer in the past tense or in the present perfect.. I want to know the tense with (once) and why?.....

As for u and not you tell me why I have to write it this way and not that way???? everything has a reason..so why???

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
As for u and not you tell me why I have to write it this way and not that way???? everything has a reason..so why???

Try this link:

tag.png
Please don't use 'chatlish'; this is a forum, not a chatroom

Rover did not give a reason, because he assumes that members have read the forum rules and guidelines.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have an english book which has:

1. present perfect
  2. The difference between the present perfect and the past simple
and it's mentioned in the book that once, twice,... and everyday are keywords for present perfect.
This is wrong as a general rule. Are you sure you have this right? What is the actual sentence in the book?
The answer to all of the sentences using 'once' below is the simple past tense.

In my opinion once refers to the past tense but the book is dealing with it with the present perfect..

OR I think that if once refer to one time then its (present perfect) but if once refer to (once upon a time) so it refers to the (past)

1. A:........ you ever ....... skiing?(go) B:Yes,I..... . I ...... skiing once in Colorado.

I've deleted the shouting. This is not necessary.
"You" is the correct English word for the second person personal pronouns, both singular and plural. Apart from 'u' simply being bad English, many of us (perhaps the older of us) do not respond well to being addressed as 'u' in anything but the most casual context.

koukouliko

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
"You" is the correct English word for the second person personal pronouns, both singular and plural. Apart from 'u' simply being bad English, many of us (perhaps the older of us) do not respond well to being addressed as 'u' in anything but the most casual context.[/QUOTE]

i dun know that this is wrong...Sorry:oops:

koukouliko

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt

koukouliko

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Thank you. By the way i'm not shouting at the end . It's just to attract your attention..Thank you soooooooooooo much .. I'm grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.