Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: photo place

  1. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Sweden

    • Join Date: Feb 2008
    • Posts: 1,638

    photo place


    A certain lady took a picture of her friend and then told him:

    We'll stop on the way into town at a photo place. And then I'll need to grab a laminator and some other supplies.

    What does "photo place" mean? Is there any other name for it?

  2. Moderator
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 25,723

    Re: photo place

    A photo place is a shop or store where your photos can be developed and printed from film, or more often nowadays, where there is a machine for you to process and print your own digital photos.

    In the UK, I use the name of a store which has such a machine, such as Tesco, and in the USA I say 'I'm going to Walgreens to order some prints'.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Mar-2009, 17:28
  2. This place rocks = this place cool/nice?
    By thedaffodils in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-Jan-2009, 13:37
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-Oct-2008, 03:57
  4. diference between native place and place of birth
    By dharanija35 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-Dec-2006, 04:46
  5. in the photo
    By navi tasan in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2006, 06:47


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts